The Jack McGovern Coats Disease Foundation
The Jack McGovern Coats Disease Foundation (JMCDF) supports medical research specific to Coats Disease and other retinal diseases which may lead to a cure for, or improve treatment for, Coats Disease. The Foundation encourages research and, when applicable, collaboration between researchers who are working in the area of Coats Disease.
Applications will be considered by Advisory Board Members based on their alignment with Foundation priorities and their scientific merit. The Foundation welcomes unsolicited, preliminary grant applications at any time.
All applicants will receive an e-mail or written response to their Preliminary Proposal within 6 weeks. If the Preliminary Proposal passes review, the JMCDF will request a full grant proposal.
Full Proposals will be reviewed twice a year with submission deadlines on March 1st and September 1st.
Proposals may be submitted to:Suzanne Levere Jack McGovern Coats Disease Foundation 20 Park Rd., Suite E Burlingame, CA 94010 Or via email to: [email protected]
Preliminary Proposals must include:
- Name(s) of Researcher(s)
- Contact information
- Name of University/ Company/ Business Practice
- CV of Principal investigator(s) and background of the organization
- Title of Study
- Abstract of Proposed Research Project including a brief discussion on current gaps in knowledge and how the findings from the proposed research may contribute to the development of a cure or an improved treatment for the disease
- Proposed duration of project with timeline
- Amount of funding requested with a high level, line item budget including how much money is going to salaries, how much to other expenses, how much to overhead
- Other current or anticipated sources of funding
Full Proposals will include:
- A detailed description of the project including (if applicable):
- Number of participants
- Criteria for inclusion/exclusion
- Data Analysis procedures
- How results will be presented (quantitative data, statistical analysis, …)
- Line Item, detailed budget (including academic overhead costs if applicable)
- How costs were determined
- A literature review of related research with bibliography
Information about JMCDF Grants:
Size of Grants:
- Annual Grants will be $20,000 – 25,000
- Multi-year grants: Grants will be for one year with the possibility of renewal for up to two additional years
- Quarterly progress reports are required and subsequent funding, if requested, will be determined based on these reports
- JMCDF must be acknowledged in abstracts, presentations, and papers resulting from JMCDF-funded research
Payment of Grants:
- Payments will be made in two equal installments – the first when the grant is approved and the second six months later as long as quarterly progress reports have passed review