The power of the internet to connect patient families of Coats Disease is something that is an important value for our foundation. On our Facebook page, we meet, connect with and share breaking news about Coats Disease with our community.
There are plenty of resources we recommend new patients or parents of children with Coats Disease join on Facebook. As Margaret Mead said, ”Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
- Children and Families about Coats Disease (968 Members) A group which supports families of children with Coats Disease. A rare disease of the eye which causes leaking blood vessels in the retina, detatched retina, glaucoma, and blindness.
- Raising Awareness of Coats Disease (2,265 Members) Support group of parents, patients and families of Coats Disease.
- Coats Disease Awareness (407 Members) Raise awareness of Coats’ Disease and to provide a space where Coats’ Disease parents can reach out to each other, talk about their troubles, and celebrate their successes.
- Jaxon’s Awareness Committee (51 Members) Founded by the mom of Jaxon Gibbs, a child with Coats Disease, to raise awareness for her son and fundraising events she organizes.
- Coats Disease Fighting for Awareness (266 Members) To help children and families cope with this devastating illness and to learn from each other about Coat’s Disease and tell other’s about signs and symptoms to watch out for.